剛剛聽說一件很尷尬的事情,前兩天外教和幾個中國同事吃飯,結果中國同事竟然跟他說I have no time!可把外教老師嚇了一跳,外教趕緊問:天哪,你怎麼啦,需不需要幫你打急救電話啊!
原來,中國同事想表達他很忙,沒空去,但這句I have no time千萬不能亂用,因為它除了「沒時間」外,還有「沒有多少活著的時間了」的意思。正好那位同事感冒了萎靡不振,結果讓外教以為中國同事得了重病,真是尷尬啊!
想要表達沒時間可以這樣說
I'm tied up all day.
我一整天都很忙。
I'm occupied at the moment.
我現在沒空。
I was in a hurry, catch you later.
我很忙,一會見。
This is so annoying, I'm in a rush, talk to you later.
這真讓人惱火,我現在在趕時間,等會再和你說。
I'm running out of time.
我沒時間啦!
I can't make it at that time.
我那個時候脫不開身啊。
Sorry,I'm otherwise engaged.
對不起,我有其他安排了。
You see,I'm in the middle of something.
你看,我正忙著呢。
「你有空嗎?」可以這樣說
我們工作和生活中都經常會問別人是否有空,來看看「你有沒有空」用英文怎麼說吧~
Do you have a minute?
你有時間嗎?
Are you available?
你有空嗎?
Can you spare some time?
你能抽出幾分鐘時間嗎?
time相關的俚語
上面學了「我沒空」和詢問「是否有空」的表達,我們再來看下time相關的俚語吧~
1.time is money 一寸光陰一寸金
It’s not worth waiting to hear back from that company. Time is money.
你不必等那家公司回信,根本不值得。時間就是金錢。
2.time flies 光陰似箭
It’s funny how time flies when you』re having fun!
快樂時光總是如此短暫!
3.just in time / in the nick of time 及時、恰好
He arrived just in the nick of time.
他來的剛剛好。
4.on time 準時
The trains here are never on time, it’s so annoying!
火車從沒正點到過,真煩人!
5.save time 節省時間
If we drive there instead of taking the bus, we』ll save time.
如果我們開車去不坐公交,就能擠出時間。
6.out of time 用盡時間
You』re out of time now.
時間到。
7.as time goes by 時光流逝
As time has gone by, I have become less interested in partying.
隨著時間流逝,我對俱樂部的興趣越來越少。
8.carry the day 獲勝
If something carries the day, it defines a win that felt like a long battle.
獲勝形容贏得一場曠日持久的勝利。
9.make time 騰出時間
You should make more time for your children.
你得給孩子多留點時間。
10.time for a change 是時間開始改變
After working in the same company for 15 years, I feel like it’s time for a change.
在這家公司做了15年,是時候做出新選擇了。
11.come of age 到達法定年齡、成年
He has come of age now, and is wise enough to take the throne and become king.
他已長大成人,機智聰慧,是時候繼承王位,成為國王了。
12.crack of dawn 破曉
I wake up at the crack of dawn and go for a run every day.
我每天在黎明時分醒來跑步。
13.hit the big time 大獲成功
After John hit the big time, he became very rich and forgot about all his old friends.
約翰取得成功以後,賺了很多錢,把老朋友們都忘了。