留學英語早準備「校園系列一」

2020-01-07     餅哥英語口語


University Conversation

A: Hi. My name is Mark.

你好,我叫Mark

B: Mark? I'll Bill. Glad to meet you.

Mark? 我是Bill, 很高興見到你。

A: Yeah. So where are you from?

恩,你來自哪裡呢?

B: I'm from Houston Texas.

我來自德克薩斯州的休斯頓

A: Oh... I'm from Southern California.

我來自南加州

B: There must be a lot of cute girls over there huh?

那兒一定有很多可愛的女孩吧。

A: Hell yeah. But most of them are hoochies.

是的,但大多數都是很開放(有幾個伴侶)

B: That sucks. So, what year are you?

那太糟糕了。你幾年級?

A: I'm a freshman.

我大一

B: This is my first year too.

我也是

A: So what made you decide to come to California for school? I hear Austin is a good school.

所以是什麼使你來加州上學,我聽說奧斯丁是個不錯的學校。

B: It's alright, but I think Berkeley is better.

它不錯,但是我認為伯克利更好

A: So is this where you wanted to come?

所以這是你來這的原因嗎?

B: To tell you the truth, I wanted to go to Stanford. I made it on the waiting list, but ninety nine percent of people accepted to Stanford go there. Like, who wouldn't, right?

說實話,我想去史丹福來著,我在等待清單上,但是百分之九十九被錄取的都會選擇去那裡。誰不會呢,對吧?

A: Very true. But this is still a good school.

說得對,但是伯克利也是一個很好的學校。

B: I'm not complaining. I just know that I wanted to come to California. Texas is cool and all, but I wanted to experience different things.

我並不是在抱怨,我知道我就想來加州,德克薩斯很不錯,但是我想體驗不同的東西。

A: That's good. Do you know what you plan on majoring in?

那很好,你知道你打算學什麼專業嗎?

B: I was thinking about political scientists, but now I'm leaning towards English literature. How about you?

我想學政治,但是現在我更傾向於英語文學,你呢?

A: I plan on majoring in double E.

我想修電子工程

B: Do you know where the Smith building is? I have to pick up the syllabus for my psychology class. I missed the first day.

你知道Smith Building在哪裡嗎?我必須去拿心理學課教學大綱,我第一天沒去。

A: That's a great start. It's over there by the library.

這是一個很好的開始,就在圖書館那邊。

B: It was nice meeting you.

很高興見到你。

A: Yeah. We should hang out later.

恩 我們應該多出去玩兒。

B: Cool. I'll see you tomorrow in class then.

好的 明天課上見

A: Alright. Later.

好的 再見!

文章來源: https://twgreatdaily.com/Lm3bfm8BMH2_cNUg4XT6.html