表达想要只会用I want? 其实方法有很多种

2019-09-23     TonyRongEnglish



入门篇


feel like + doing/something


What do you feel like doing today?

你今天想要做什么?


go for

I really go for a car.

我真得很想要一辆车。




be in the mood for/to do

"mood"意为当下的心情。在此表达的是此刻非常想要的心情,下一刻有可能就不想要了。


I am really in the mood to escape from here.

此刻,我真得很想逃离这里。


be dying for/to do sth

"dying"有奄奄一息、濒临死亡之意。在此,夸张形容要不到就想死的程度。


She's dying to know where you've been.

她极其想知道你去了哪里。


进阶篇


hunger/thirst/starve/lust/appetite/stomach for

以上都是人类正常的生理需求,都是由于对某物的缺乏而产生强烈的需求。借此引申为对事物的渴望。


His hunger for knowledge drove him to keep learning.

求知的渴望驱使他不断学习。



He was filled with lust for power.

他内心充满了对权利的渴望。


高级篇


long/yearn/pine/ache/sigh/desire/hanker for

含有“向往”、“期盼”之意。指一个人全心全意、极为诚恳地期望得到某事物,尤指遥远的、难以得到的东西。


I yearn for things that expand the soul and not just the pocket.

我渴望的是充实心灵而不只是涨满口袋。



be eager/anxious/earnest/craving for/ to do

含有热切得难以等待或难以抑制之意,表迫不及待地想要某事物。


It's human that everyone is eager for success.

人人都渴望成功,这是人之常情。


You are the only love I crave for.

你是我唯一想要的。


番外篇


covet/ be greedy for

贪图、觊觎某物


Never covet the wealth and power of others.

切勿贪图别人的财富和权力。


所有的欲望,只有小小的甜头,而却隐藏着相当多的苦头。

All desires have in them little pleasant taste but much rather potential suffering.


文章来源: https://twgreatdaily.com/zh-hans/YQBkYm0BJleJMoPMW8Wa.html