“for a song”不是让你唱歌!这些短语用错了就尴尬了

2019-07-11     TonyRongEnglish


看起来很专业的音乐相关的词组竟然还有接地气的表达?

一起来看看这些和音乐相关的习语都有什么含义吧。

1

change your tune


改变了看法或主意。

You’ve definitely changed your tune since the last time I saw you! You used to hate this town!

自从上次见面以后,你的态度就变了!原来你很讨厌这个城市的!





2

face the music


直面困难。

I’m not ready to face the music. I need to figure it out for myself before I speak to them.

我还没准备好面对这一切。和他们说话之前,我自己要弄清楚。





3

for a song


非常廉价。

I can’t believe I managed to buy all of this for a song, maybe the shopkeeper didn’t know what they’re really worth!

我真不敢相信自己居然能用这么低廉的价格买走这些东西,店主也许不知道他们到底值多少钱!





4

play by ear


随机应变。

I don’t know what I’m going to say when she gets here, I’ll just play it by ear.

待她来时,我不知道自己要说些什么,随机应变吧。





5

see you on a big drum


对孩子说晚安。

Okay, get some sleep now. See you on the big drum.

好啦,该休息啦。晚安。





6

as clean as a whistle


干净如雪,非常干净。

He may come across as someone who could’ve been involved in that robbery, but I have checked his records and they’re as clean as a whistle.

他让人觉得极像上次参与劫案的劫匪,可我查了他的档案,并没有什么不良记录。




7

blow the whistle


告发。揭发者,whistle blower。

John refused to make a statement for the police. He was afraid of losing his job if he blew the whistle on his boss.

约翰拒绝向警方作陈述。他担心揭发老板,会丢了工作。




8

call the tune


发号施令。

I’m afraid I can’t help you, sir. Barbara calls the tune around here, so you’d have to speak to her.

恐怕我帮不上什么忙,先生。这里芭芭拉说了算,你可以跟她谈谈。





9

whistle for it


痴心妄想。

You can whistle for it as much as you like, this is an heirloom of our family and will stay with us!

随便你怎么想,这是我们的传家宝,你休想得到!





10

clear as a bell


形容某事十分清楚、便于理解。

His instructions were as clear as a bell, everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to do.

他的指示十分清楚,每个人都知道自己应该做什么。




11

play second fiddle


当配角,二把手。

You’re much more experienced than he is, I don’t understand why you continue to play second fiddle. You deserve a higher position in the company!

你比他更有经验,我真不明白你为什么要当副手。你应该得到更高的职位!


文章来源: https://twgreatdaily.com/zh-hans/7Q9JYGwBUcHTFCnfjgDu.html