寂寞
我感到很寂寞。 I feel lonely.
I feel lonely without my husband. (丈夫不在,我感到很寂寞。)
He'll be back next week. (他下個星期就會回來。)
= I'm lonely.
= I feel all alone.
我討厭孤獨。 I hate being alone.
我不在乎孤獨。 I don't mind being alone.
我想念你。 I miss you.
*miss 表示「因某人不在而覺得寂寞」,I miss you含有I want to see you(我想見到你)和I want to be with you(我想和你在一起)這兩種心情。
I miss you. (我想念你。)
I miss you, too. I'll be home soon. (我也想你,我馬上就會回去的。)
= I feel lonely without you.
= I feel helpless without you. (沒有你,我感到無助。)
我覺得空蕩蕩的。 I feel empty.
*empty表示「缺少內容的,缺乏價值的,沒有意義的」。
My son died, now I feel empty. (我兒子去世了,我心裡空蕩蕩的。)
I'm sorry to hear that. (真是太不幸了。)
I feel incomplete.
*incomplete(不完全的)在這裡表示「內心不充實」的狀態,比I feel empty.更強調空虛。
我的生活很空虛。 My life is empty.
My life is meaningless. (我的人生毫無意義。)
I'm all alone in this world. (在這個世界上我總是孤獨的。)
I don't feel satisfied with my life. (我對我的生活並不滿意。)
最終只剩下了我一個人。 Alone at last.
= I'm finally alone.