- 我和他很合得來。I get along well with him.
*get along (well) with...「和……合得來」、「和睦相處」。
What's John like? (約翰是個什麼樣的人?)
= I get on well with him. *英式英語。
- 我跟她合不來。I don't get along well with her. I don't get on well with her.
*英式英語。
- 我很尊敬他。 I respect him.
= I highly respect him.
*強調說法。
= I look up to him.
- 我瞧不起他。 I despise him.
= I look down on him.
- 我想和大家和睦相處。I want to get along with everyone.
= I hope I will get along with everyone. (我希望能和大家和睦相處。)
- 你跟她合得來嗎? Are you getting along with her?
*get along「合得來」、「和睦相處」。
- 她根本不搭理我。She ignored me.
*ignore「不放在眼裡」、「不理」、「假裝看不見」。
What did she do? (她怎麼了?)
She ignored me. (她不搭理我。)
= She gave me the cold shoulder.
= She didn't pay any attention to me (at all).
- 我不知道他在想什麼。I don't know what he's really thinking.
= I'm not sure what he is thinking about.
= I don't really know what is on his mind.
- 我沒有理由讓人嫉妒。I have no reason to be envied.
*envy「羨慕他人或物」,「嫉妒」。
= There is no reason to be jealous of me.
= There is no reason to envy me.
- 我討厭愛拍馬屁的人。I don't like brownnosers.
*brownnoser俚語,「討好別人的人」、「阿諛逢迎的人」。
They're helping our boss again. (他們又去幫上司的忙了。)
= I don't like flatterers. (我不喜歡愛說恭維話的人。)
I don't like ass-kissers. *俚語,不太文雅的說法,使用時要注意場合。
- 我是個不顧家的人。I'm neglecting my family.
*這是種相當嚴厲的說法。neglect 表示「對……玩忽職守」、「不盡義務」。
= I put my work before my family. (我是工作第一,家庭第二。)*比較溫和的說法。
= I should treat my family better. (我該重視我的家庭。)
- 你站在哪一方?Which side are you?
*side「(競爭、談判等的)一方,自己人」。
= Which side are you on?
= Who are you rooting for?
= Which side do you support? (你支持哪一方?)
- 我是站在你這邊的。I'm on your side.
*on one's side「站在……一方」。
Whose side are you on? (你是站在哪一邊的?)
= I'm on your side. (我是站在你這邊的。)
= I will support you. (我支持你。)
= I agree with you. (我同意你的意見。)
- 他對我很不客氣的。He's very hard on me.
*be動詞+hard on...「蠻橫,野蠻」。
Do you like your boss? (你喜歡你的上司嗎?)
No, he's very hard on me. (不,他對我很嚴厲。)
= He treats me unkindly. (他對我一點兒都不友好。)
= He's mean to me. (他對我很刻薄。)
= He's very strict. (他很嚴厲。)
- 他總把我當作眼中釘。He always treats me like an enemy.
*enemy「仇人,敵人」。
= He was rude to say that. (他這樣對你說話也太無禮了。)
= He acts like I'm an enemy.
= He treats me as if I'm his enemy.
- 他對我很蠻橫。He treated me badly.
= I was badly treated by him.
= I received bad treatment from him.
= He treated me unkindly. (他對我很粗暴。)
- 我欠他的情。I'm obligated to him. *obligate「讓某人負有法律或道義上的義務」。
I'm under obligation to him.
I owe him. * owe「欠……的情」。
= I have an obligation to him.
I'm deeply indebted to him. (我非常感激他。)
I've received kindness from him. (他對我很好。)
= I owe him a lot for everything he has done for me. (我非常感謝他為我所做的一切。)
- 我們很熟,互相直呼其名。We're on a first name basis. *表示「之間關係好,很親密」。
= We're on first name terms.