如何才能優雅專業地寫英文郵件,給對方留下一個「高級」印象?

2020-03-12     英倫雲小學

沒有比英國更喜歡收發郵件的國家了,家人親人同事私事公事無論巨細,都愛說drop me a few lines. 國外很流行的手機聊天軟體What’s Up(相當於我們的微信)在英國的市場普及率遠遠低於歐洲其他國家,為啥?因為人家英國人覺得有個郵箱地址即可天下無敵。那麼怎樣寫出讓英國人都覺得漂亮的郵件呢?

Principals:

寫郵件基本原則:

1. Who Is Your Reader? 寫給誰看?

First of all, think of who your reader is before you write the email. Professional emails usually have a neutral tone; bad grammar and an over-friendly style will not be acceptable. Note the difference between Informal and Formal.

在寫郵件前的第一件事!想想這封郵件是寫給誰看的。專業的郵件一般採取中立的語氣;糟糕語法或過分客氣都是不可取的。請注意正式語氣和非正式語氣之間的區別。

2. Be Polite! 要有禮貌!

You can be direct, but always have to be polite. Your reader might find your directness rude and sometimes offensive, especially when you are writing in another language. But by adjusting your tone, you are more likely to get a more positive response from your reader.

你可以直截了當,但是任何時候都要保持禮貌。收到這封郵件的人可能會覺得你的直接是粗魯的,有時甚至是冒犯的,尤其是當你用非母語寫作的時候。但是通過調整你的語氣和態度,你更有可能從收信人那裡得到積極的回應。

3. Be Positive! 要積極向上!

Your email is the image you create about yourself. The words you use show your attitude to life, so choose your words wisely. Deliver the positive messages to your reader if you would like the positive in return.

你的郵件是你為自己創造的形象。你所使用的語言文字反映了你對生活的態度,所以在選詞造句式要聰明些。如果你想從郵件接收者那裡得到積極的回應的話,就首先要傳達積極的信息給他們。

4. Re-Check the Grammar 再三檢查語法

Give yourself time to check your email; Re-read and edit what you』ve written before you click the Send button. Be very careful of basic grammar, spelling, capital letters, punctuation, expression and tone. A mistake could cause misunderstanding, be embarrassing, or even offensive.

給自己留些時間去檢查下寫好的郵件;在發送之前一定反覆閱讀和編輯郵件。仔細檢查基本語法、拼寫、大寫字母、標點符號、表達和語氣等。一個小小的錯誤都可能導致誤解、尷尬、甚至冒犯。

5. Make it Roll 一來一回,鼓勵反饋

Try to get some feedback on the emails that you write. Encourage your reader to write back of your email, usually by raising a few questions. This is how the communication starts.

試著為你的郵件爭取反饋,鼓勵你的郵件接收者回信給你。在郵件里多問幾個問題是個很好的辦法,這是交流的開始。

Structure:

郵件基本結構:

1. Subject Line 郵件主題

Always have a subject line that summarizes briefly and clearly the contents of the message.

一定要有清晰明確地總結出郵件內容的主題。

2. Appropriate Salutation 對方稱呼

Don』t forget the salutation of your receiver in proper way. You can start with 「Dear Mr./Ms./Prof./Dr. 」 to senior people in high position. If in doubt, "Dear " will usually work just fine.

郵件以對方合適的稱謂開頭。對方如果地位或資歷較高,你可以寫「親愛的xx(全名)先生/小姐/教授/博士」。如果不是很確定的話,通常就用「親愛的xx(名)」即可。

Check the name carefully before write down, don』t make a typo. Don』t forget the comma following the name.

在寫下名字前要仔細檢查,不要有拼寫錯誤。不要忘了名字後面要加逗號。

3. Warm-Up 寒暄問候

Warm up your email by greetings or expressing your thanks, and self-introduction necessary if it is the first email you write to the receiver.

接下來一般要寒暄問候或者表達感謝來暖場。如果是你給對方寫的第一封郵件,不要忘記做個自我介紹。

是的,英國人非常熱愛談論天氣,郵件里也不例外。說說天氣作為warm-up永遠不會出錯。當然,如果你們的郵件來回頻率比較高,那就多想點別的有聊的,聖誕節啊,春節啊,周末啊,出去玩啊什麼的,一兩句就夠。對方會覺得很親切。有個英國朋友就和我說過,郵件里一上來就就事說事的,只有中國人和德國人。

4. Email body: Get Straight to the Point 意願清晰明了

Explain why you write the email, or report the updates of the issue you both concern, or state the information you want to confirm, or raise questions you ask for help or clarify CLEARLY.

郵件正文用來解釋你寫這封郵件的用意,告知對方你們共同關心事情的最新情況,陳述你先要和對方確認的信息,提出問題尋求幫助或者希望得到對方進一步解釋……所有這些的統一要求就是要清楚明確。

Tip #1.Keep it short 短一點

Try to keep your email short. Make the paragraphs short too.

儘量使郵件簡短,段落內容也要儘量短。

Tip #2. Use Numbered Points 用數字列舉要點

If you've got several questions or points to make, it's very helpful to number them. Don』t number too much however in one email.

如果你有幾個問題或者要點要說明,用數字一條條列舉出來會很有幫助。但是同一封郵件內不要列舉太多項。

5. End and Your Signature 結尾及簽名

Emails usually end with best wishes to their readers. Also you can say thanks again to them.

郵件通常以祝福結尾,當然你也可以再次表達你的感謝。

學會這50句讚美別人的英語口語,讓你魅力爆棚!


讚美他人能力和工作


1. He has a long head.

他很有遠見卓識。


2. You did a great job.

你做的超級棒!

(注意:這裡的job,不只是表示工作,還可以指「你剛才做飯很棒」、「你玻璃擦得很乾凈」)


3. You're a really strong person.

你有股堅韌不拔的勁頭。


4. You read a lot.

你知識面真廣。


5. That was impressive.

真讓人出人意料,眼前一亮~

impressive /ɪm'presɪv/ adj. 令人印象深刻的


6. You're really good at what you do.

你工作做得不錯。


7. Your work on that project was incredible.

你那個項目完成得非常好。

incredible /ɪn'kredɪb(ə)l/ adj. 難以置信的,驚人的


8. Keep up the good work!

希望你能繼續保持這麼棒!


9. We're so proud of you.

我們十分為你驕傲。【最高級的表揚!】


10. I'm very pleased with your work.

我對你的工作非常滿意。【正式、真誠的讚揚!】


11. How smart of you!

你真明智!


12. You have a real talent.

你真有天賦!


13. Well, a good teacher makes good student.

名師出高徒啊。


14. I would like to compliment you on your diligence.

我想稱讚一下你的勤奮。


15. We're proud of you.

我們都以你為豪。



讚美外貌和廚藝


1. You look great today.

你今天看起來好棒!


2. You're beautiful/gorgeous.

你真好看。

gorgeous /'gɔ: dʒəs/ adj. 華麗的,燦爛的;極好的


3. Nice jacket!

外套不錯!

(更具體地表揚別人,除了 jacket,還可以說,Nice watch! Nice hair!)


4. You're wearing a nice skirt.

你這條裙子挺美。


5. This dress looks good on you.

這條裙子很襯你。

(注意:這裡介詞要用 on,因為是你穿在了身上。除了dress,還可以說 jacket, coat...) 


6. Your hair looks amazing.

你髮型好極了。


7. I love/like your nails.

我喜歡你染得這個指甲。


8. What's your skin regimen?

你是怎麼保養皮膚的?

regimen /'redʒɪmən/ n. 養生之道;生活規則


9. You look so healthy.

你看起來陽光健康。


10. You look like a million dollars.

你看上去帥呆了。


11. I love your cooking.

你做東西真好吃。


12. The food is delicious.

好吃!【最普通、但非常重要的表揚!】


13. Can you share your salad recipe with me?

能把你做這道沙拉的秘方告訴我嗎?

recipe /'resɪpɪ/ n. 食譜;秘方


14. You have a good taste.

你很有品位。


15. You're looking sharp!

你看上去真精神/真棒/真漂亮。【與眾不同的表揚!】


16. That's a very nice hairdo you're wearing.

你的髮型真漂亮。


17. I am impressed.

真令人印象深刻。


18. You look amazing today.

你今天看起來好棒!



讚美朋友


1. You're a great listener.

你是個很好的傾聽者。


2. You inspire me.

你激勵了我/你是我的榜樣。

inspire /ɪn'spaɪə/ v. 激發;鼓舞;啟示


3. You are an amazing friend./You are such a good friend.

有你這樣的朋友真好。


4. I love talking with you.

我喜歡跟你聊天。


5. You have a good sense of humor.

你真幽默。【美國人極其喜歡的表揚!】


6. You're really talented.

你很有天賦。


7. You're so smart.

你非常聰明。


8. You've got a great personality.

你的個性很好。



讚美愛人


1. You have really pretty eyes.

你的眼睛真美。


2. You are just perfect!

你就是完美的!


3. You are one of a kind.

你是獨一無二的。


4. Your strength of character impresses me.

你性格的力量感染了我。

character /'kærəktə/ n. 性格,品質;特性


5. As long as we are together, the destination does not matter.

只要旅途能跟你在一起,我不在乎終點是哪兒。

destination /,destɪ'neɪʃ(ə)n/ n. 目的地,終點


6. You make me want to be a better person.

因為你,我想成為更好的人。


7. I'm so lucky to have you in my life.

我能遇見你真是我上輩子修來的福氣。


8. I love seeing your smile, it brightens my day every time.

我愛看你笑,你的笑讓我的心情一整天都充滿陽光。

brighten /'braɪt(ə)n/ v. 明亮;變亮;快樂高興


9. We two make a lovely couple.

我們真是天生的一對!


英倫雲小學是一個專門針對全球5-12歲母語為非英語小朋友制定的教育產品,整合英國優質的小學教育資源,基於英國政府制定的小學大綱而設計的完整的英國小學課堂和校園體驗。科目包括英語語文、數學、自然科學、藝術史、歷史、地理等,為Reception-Year6的學生提供全方面知識和能力培養,使學生具備和英國同齡小朋友同等的英語能力、國際視野、創新思考力和知識儲備。

更為孩子提供英語語言訓練、入學測試、申請和註冊、預約面試、參觀學校、辦理寄宿監護服務、體檢、簽證申請等一系列服務。如果您的孩子想在中國進行英式小學教育,未來有初高中留學計劃或者希望進行國際學校課程銜接的話,可以與我們取得聯繫。

文章來源: https://twgreatdaily.com/zh-cn/Vtju0XABjYh_GJGVqDmL.html