「for a song」不是讓你唱歌!這些短語用錯了就尷尬了

2019-07-11   TonyRongEnglish


看起來很專業的音樂相關的詞組竟然還有接地氣的表達?

一起來看看這些和音樂相關的習語都有什麼含義吧。

1

change your tune


改變了看法或主意。

You』ve definitely changed your tune since the last time I saw you! You used to hate this town!

自從上次見面以後,你的態度就變了!原來你很討厭這個城市的!





2

face the music


直面困難。

I』m not ready to face the music. I need to figure it out for myself before I speak to them.

我還沒準備好面對這一切。和他們說話之前,我自己要弄清楚。





3

for a song


非常廉價。

I can』t believe I managed to buy all of this for a song, maybe the shopkeeper didn』t know what they』re really worth!

我真不敢相信自己居然能用這麼低廉的價格買走這些東西,店主也許不知道他們到底值多少錢!





4

play by ear


隨機應變。

I don』t know what I』m going to say when she gets here, I』ll just play it by ear.

待她來時,我不知道自己要說些什麼,隨機應變吧。





5

see you on a big drum


對孩子說晚安。

Okay, get some sleep now. See you on the big drum.

好啦,該休息啦。晚安。





6

as clean as a whistle


乾淨如雪,非常乾淨。

He may come across as someone who could』ve been involved in that robbery, but I have checked his records and they』re as clean as a whistle.

他讓人覺得極像上次參與劫案的劫匪,可我查了他的檔案,並沒有什麼不良記錄。




7

blow the whistle


告發。揭發者,whistle blower。

John refused to make a statement for the police. He was afraid of losing his job if he blew the whistle on his boss.

約翰拒絕向警方作陳述。他擔心揭發老闆,會丟了工作。




8

call the tune


發號施令。

I』m afraid I can』t help you, sir. Barbara calls the tune around here, so you』d have to speak to her.

恐怕我幫不上什麼忙,先生。這裡芭芭拉說了算,你可以跟她談談。





9

whistle for it


痴心妄想。

You can whistle for it as much as you like, this is an heirloom of our family and will stay with us!

隨便你怎麼想,這是我們的傳家寶,你休想得到!





10

clear as a bell


形容某事十分清楚、便於理解。

His instructions were as clear as a bell, everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to do.

他的指示十分清楚,每個人都知道自己應該做什麼。




11

play second fiddle


當配角,二把手。

You』re much more experienced than he is, I don』t understand why you continue to play second fiddle. You deserve a higher position in the company!

你比他更有經驗,我真不明白你為什麼要當副手。你應該得到更高的職位!