表達想要只會用I want? 其實方法有很多種

2019-09-23     TonyRongEnglish



入門篇


feel like + doing/something


What do you feel like doing today?

你今天想要做什麼?


go for

I really go for a car.

我真得很想要一輛車。




be in the mood for/to do

"mood"意為當下的心情。在此表達的是此刻非常想要的心情,下一刻有可能就不想要了。


I am really in the mood to escape from here.

此刻,我真得很想逃離這裡。


be dying for/to do sth

"dying"有奄奄一息、瀕臨死亡之意。在此,誇張形容要不到就想死的程度。


She's dying to know where you've been.

她極其想知道你去了哪裡。


進階篇


hunger/thirst/starve/lust/appetite/stomach for

以上都是人類正常的生理需求,都是由於對某物的缺乏而產生強烈的需求。藉此引申為對事物的渴望。


His hunger for knowledge drove him to keep learning.

求知的渴望驅使他不斷學習。



He was filled with lust for power.

他內心充滿了對權利的渴望。


高級篇


long/yearn/pine/ache/sigh/desire/hanker for

含有「嚮往」、「期盼」之意。指一個人全心全意、極為誠懇地期望得到某事物,尤指遙遠的、難以得到的東西。


I yearn for things that expand the soul and not just the pocket.

我渴望的是充實心靈而不只是漲滿口袋。



be eager/anxious/earnest/craving for/ to do

含有熱切得難以等待或難以抑制之意,表迫不及待地想要某事物。


It's human that everyone is eager for success.

人人都渴望成功,這是人之常情。


You are the only love I crave for.

你是我唯一想要的。


番外篇


covet/ be greedy for

貪圖、覬覦某物


Never covet the wealth and power of others.

切勿貪圖別人的財富和權力。


所有的慾望,只有小小的甜頭,而卻隱藏著相當多的苦頭。

All desires have in them little pleasant taste but much rather potential suffering.


文章來源: https://twgreatdaily.com/zh-sg/YQBkYm0BJleJMoPMW8Wa.html