- 我和他很合得来。I get along well with him.
*get along (well) with...“和……合得来”、“和睦相处”。
What's John like? (约翰是个什么样的人?)
= I get on well with him. *英式英语。
- 我跟她合不来。I don't get along well with her. I don't get on well with her.
*英式英语。
- 我很尊敬他。 I respect him.
= I highly respect him.
*强调说法。
= I look up to him.
- 我瞧不起他。 I despise him.
= I look down on him.
- 我想和大家和睦相处。I want to get along with everyone.
= I hope I will get along with everyone. (我希望能和大家和睦相处。)
- 你跟她合得来吗? Are you getting along with her?
*get along“合得来”、“和睦相处”。
- 她根本不搭理我。She ignored me.
*ignore“不放在眼里”、“不理”、“假装看不见”。
What did she do? (她怎么了?)
She ignored me. (她不搭理我。)
= She gave me the cold shoulder.
= She didn't pay any attention to me (at all).
- 我不知道他在想什么。I don't know what he's really thinking.
= I'm not sure what he is thinking about.
= I don't really know what is on his mind.
- 我没有理由让人嫉妒。I have no reason to be envied.
*envy“羡慕他人或物”,“嫉妒”。
= There is no reason to be jealous of me.
= There is no reason to envy me.
- 我讨厌爱拍马屁的人。I don't like brownnosers.
*brownnoser俚语,“讨好别人的人”、“阿谀逢迎的人”。
They're helping our boss again. (他们又去帮上司的忙了。)
= I don't like flatterers. (我不喜欢爱说恭维话的人。)
I don't like ass-kissers. *俚语,不太文雅的说法,使用时要注意场合。
- 我是个不顾家的人。I'm neglecting my family.
*这是种相当严厉的说法。neglect 表示“对……玩忽职守”、“不尽义务”。
= I put my work before my family. (我是工作第一,家庭第二。)*比较温和的说法。
= I should treat my family better. (我该重视我的家庭。)
- 你站在哪一方?Which side are you?
*side“(竞争、谈判等的)一方,自己人”。
= Which side are you on?
= Who are you rooting for?
= Which side do you support? (你支持哪一方?)
- 我是站在你这边的。I'm on your side.
*on one's side“站在……一方”。
Whose side are you on? (你是站在哪一边的?)
= I'm on your side. (我是站在你这边的。)
= I will support you. (我支持你。)
= I agree with you. (我同意你的意见。)
- 他对我很不客气的。He's very hard on me.
*be动词+hard on...“蛮横,野蛮”。
Do you like your boss? (你喜欢你的上司吗?)
No, he's very hard on me. (不,他对我很严厉。)
= He treats me unkindly. (他对我一点儿都不友好。)
= He's mean to me. (他对我很刻薄。)
= He's very strict. (他很严厉。)
- 他总把我当作眼中钉。He always treats me like an enemy.
*enemy“仇人,敌人”。
= He was rude to say that. (他这样对你说话也太无礼了。)
= He acts like I'm an enemy.
= He treats me as if I'm his enemy.
- 他对我很蛮横。He treated me badly.
= I was badly treated by him.
= I received bad treatment from him.
= He treated me unkindly. (他对我很粗暴。)
- 我欠他的情。I'm obligated to him. *obligate“让某人负有法律或道义上的义务”。
I'm under obligation to him.
I owe him. * owe“欠……的情”。
= I have an obligation to him.
I'm deeply indebted to him. (我非常感激他。)
I've received kindness from him. (他对我很好。)
= I owe him a lot for everything he has done for me. (我非常感谢他为我所做的一切。)
- 我们很熟,互相直呼其名。We're on a first name basis. *表示“之间关系好,很亲密”。
= We're on first name terms.